Pages

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Four Month Birthday!

Asleep during a walk in the carrier

Our son recently celebrated his four month birthday. Like every parent, I'm amazed at how quickly he's grown and changed. And I'm still amazed that I'm his mamma.

He's now smiling, laughing, vocalizing new vowel and consonant sounds, sitting up with assistance, and, it seems, starting to teeth. He's gone through a few diaper sizes and is now wearing size 6 month clothing.

Sometimes he sleeps through the night, and sometimes he doesn't, but a general routine is starting to emerge. We are becoming better parents as we get to know him and he's calmer as he continues to learn about the world around him.

Our bambino is starting to pay more attention to books when we read to him and he likes to look at clear patterns. He loves to pump his legs in a rocking chair. His eyes and head follow us when we move around a room and he smiles when we lean close. He's already showing some preference for certain toys, books and songs; he cries when he hears me read Shel Silverstein books. Our bambino also shows preference for his right hand when he reaches and grabs objects (or hair.)

I didn't know what to expect and I did my best to make plans and listen to sage advice. Our baby is thriving and our family is happy and making it through, even if there are some tired and stressed out moments in between. My sense of time has completely changed and I'm still writing.

I love hearing him "talk" and going for walks with him close in the carrier. When it is just the two of us, I chat with him in Italian about everything we see and things we might do together, as well as things I've done. He's attentive, at least until he falls asleep from the rocking motion.

I'd say this new adventure is going as it is supposed to be. I look forward to all of the months and years ahead.

Happy four month birthday, mio bambino!

No comments:

Post a Comment