Pages

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Planes, Trains & Automobiles: Not Looking to Buy

Nope. I'm not in the market for planes, trains or automobiles. Or boats, motorcycles, scooters or any other type of motor vehicle. Someone with my name and a similar email address seems to be regularly responding to related ads and then accidentally or purposely using my email address. I receive one to five emails a day about these potential purchases.

Or scams. It isn't clear if the potential buyer is sincere or a scammer. I've written to the address (chloemiller001@gmail.com) and never received a response. (See this page about the address and related scams. There's also the email address chloemiller01@gmail.com to be concerned about.)

There are also two phone numbers apparently connected to the email address (one in New York and one in New Jersey. Sigh. Why does my home state always seem to be implicated in these things?)

If you are searching the email address above - or mine - and you are looking to sell something, please know that it wasn't me.

For safe online shopping tips, read this AARP article

No comments:

Post a Comment