Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

High Tech Poop: Baby Connect App

Here's something I didn't imagine when I was daydreaming about being a mother - the pediatrician asks us how many diapers the baby has had and we can answer definitively because we've been using the Baby Connect app. We track his diaper changes, feedings, naps and medicine on the app and have set up our babysitters to do the same. 

While it sounds like something only obsessive new parents would do (ok, maybe), it has been really helpful. We take shifts at night and wake up able to check the app to catch up on the baby's feedings and more. I can keep track of how long I've been breastfeeding, which isn't easy when he naps in the middle, and which breast the bambino last fed from. Since breastfeeding has been difficult for us, it has been encouraging to see how different days compare, not to mention how we are improving. 

My husband may be a statistician, and I may be the furthest thing from one, but both of us find the app really helpful and easy to use. 

What baby-related-apps have you found useful? 

No comments:

Post a Comment