Pages

Friday, January 18, 2013

Welcome!

Thanks to my husband for this awesome shirt from Think Geek

I'm very excited to announce that my husband and I are expecting a baby in June, 2013!

The role of motherhood, as Anne-Marie Slaughter explores in the Atlantic article Why Women Still Can't Have it All, remains fraught with difficulty and contradictions, even in the United States in 2013. The title of this blog is a nod to my effort to untangle, or perhaps braid, these roles. Of course, there's more to my identity than "Woman Mother Writer," but I think these three titles encompass roles like wife, teacher, daughter, friend and more. Or perhaps as time passes, I'll feel differently.

I look forward to sharing what I learn with you and hearing from you: Advice on parenthood, juggling a career (or two) with a child, writing about family, which objects to buy (and which to avoid) for the baby, best pregnancy/parenting books, and even how to stay awake all day while pregnant. Let me know if you're interested in guest blogging (email me at ChloeMiller(at)gmail(dot)com.)


No comments:

Post a Comment