Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

Shopping for (Used!) Maternity Clothes in Northern New Jersey

I found some well-fitting and inexpensive used maternity jeans 
in this South Orange, N.J., store

I'm a fairly thrifty shopper who prefers purchases that will last a long time. Pregnancy has made shopping for clothes a little tricky. While I can mostly get away with sweatpants while I'm working from home, sometimes I do leave the house. And with this cold, that means I need new pants (the hardest to find, being on the short side), shirts, sweaters and undergarments. I'm pretty much ignoring dresses and fancier clothes.

I had the best luck finding used maternity clothes in New Jersey at these two shops, which will be good places to return to for baby items:

Other Mothers in South Orange, New Jersey

Sprouts Children's and Maternity Consignment Shop in Madison, New Jersey

I also found a few well-priced items at the Motherhood Maternity outlet store in the Jersey Gardens Mall in Elizabeth. In the dressing rooms, they have "bump pillows" so you could see what the clothes will look like with a bigger baby bump. Target also had some good prices for basics.

I was unable to find a maternity coat that fit and cost a reasonable price. I finally ordered a super inexpensive and used one off Ebay. So far, so good, even with the recent cold spell.

What are your favorite used or inexpensive maternity clothing stores in New Jersey?

I'm not always the happiest shopper. Thanks to my mom for being very patient during our outings this fall as I was getting used to my changing shape!

(I've found a few good maternity consignment shops in the D.C. metro area, too. That's for another post.)

2 comments:

  1. Great job you people are doing with this website.
    Maternity clothes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Other Mother's is no longer open at this time. This is the second maternity shop around my area that is closed :(

    ReplyDelete