Pages

Monday, January 12, 2015

Not Yet Writing This Year

Snow days are fun, but the other days need to be better organized


Our son has been going to daycare for about a month and a half. He's missed days because of illnesses and snow. I'm exhausted from sharing his illnesses and co-parenting him when he's ill. This morning there was a delayed opening because of an ice storm.

Since the holidays, I've been prepping my spring semester classes, purging extra objects (including admitting certain clothes/shoes will never fit after a pregnancy) and doing the million things that one must do, like going for check-ups at the doctor. In my incredibly organized electronic calendar, I spent time to block off (other) time to write each week starting this January.

My name is Chloe Miller and I'm a world class procrastinator.

I haven't written or read anything more than a magazine yet this year.

Not. A. Stanza.

This needs to change. Writers write. Writers edit. Writers submit. Writers publish. And, most importantly, writers read.

I've thought about writing and was inspired in December to start a new project. But thinking and doing are not the same.

Here's to hoping that I can get back on track, along with all the other busy parents out there. Holding up my coffee to toast making time to write and doing it, in addition to teaching and caring for myself and my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment