Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year's Day Reflections

My loves… 

I started this blog last January when we were expecting a baby. Today, on the first day of this new year, we have a healthy and happy seven month old. Everything has changed, and yet it also feels like it has always been like this. 

I thought I would wake up this morning like other new year's days: wanting to write a list of resolutions about trying to be kinder, more generous and live a healthier life. But I realize that my bambino has made me want these things every day since we knew he would one day be in our arms. 

For the first time, January 1st doesn’t feel different from other days. I’m a mamma and my son makes that possible. While I’m still many other things – a woman, writer, spouse, daughter, friend and writing teacher – this tiny person and our relationship has changed me for the better. 

Here's to a beautiful new year with my son and my husband, my loves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment