Pages

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Best Advice... So Far


As a first-time mom, I've appreciated friends offering advice and sharing their experiences with me. Preparing for baby and facing the unknown can be daunting, no matter how excited I am to meet the baby next month.

Here's some of the best advice I’ve received so far:

We love the advice givers, but their voices should never replace our own -- even when we don't know what we're doing. Because you never feel like you know what you're doing.

Enjoy the birth...I know that sounds odd, but even the pain (I went no pain meds) is empowering after...we're capable of an amazing feat.

Use the hormones to your advantage.

All you can do is what you think is best.

You're going to love being a mom more than you ever expect.

Resist the competitive parenting environment, because it's stupid.

Our bodies are MADE to do this. You can handle anything this birth will ask of you, because you have been carefully designed by nature to do just this work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment