Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Morning Sickness & Sea-Bands


I wore fabric bracelet Sea-Bands throughout most of my first trimester to fight morning sickness. They work by applying pressure (as acupressure does) to a point on each wrist. They are soft and easy to wear all day and all night.

Can you tell I'm a big fan?

I wore them while I was working at my desk, siting on the couch, riding a bus or driving, and really, anywhere I went or sat still. I felt like I looked a little like an athlete wearing a wristband, which was ironic. Still, under a long-sleeved shirt, folks can't tell that you are wearing them (or if they sneak a peak, they might think you simply have another layer on.)

Yes, morning sickness is the pits. There's nothing "morning" about it and it continues to strike me in my second trimester. I'll save you the gory details and recommend the American Pregnancy's Association's guide to surviving morning sickness for more tips.

2 comments:

  1. So glad these worked for you! I did not have any luck with mine :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes. Did something else work instead? (They didn't 100% solve the problem, but they did help me.)

    ReplyDelete