Pages

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Summer and Birthdays



Our son recently turned one and I have a birthday coming up. It is cliche, but seriously, where does the time go? It is suddenly hot, humid and June. I've been figuring out how to apply suntan lotion to a squirmy toddler and we've been spending a lot more time outdoors.

While it isn't officially summer yet, our new summer routine is starting.  I'll be continuing to teach online, work with private clients and write. I'm also excited to scoot away to a friend's house later this month for an unofficial writing residency (and maybe some nap time.)

I'm hoping to catch up on some reading. What's on your reading list? Family Trouble: Memoirists on the Hazards and Rewards of Revealing Family and some back issues of the literary magazines Poet Lore and the Bellevue Review are first on my list.

The bambino and I have been going to the library for baby lap time and we're ready to graduate to the next level of classes. The D.C. library system is fantastic; there's something happening for little kids everyday somewhere in the city. And seeing my son interact with other kids and books while being surrounded by books is just perfect.

Here's to a summer of words and sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment