Pages

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day!

My husband and I have had many theoretical conversations about parenting, discipline, sleeping schedules, feeding schedules and more. And then our bambino was born three weeks ago and we had to learn quickly and reassess what was possible, impossible and reasonable.

I want to wish my husband the happiest of Father's Day, today on his first of many Father's Days. He's been an incredible partner during this hectic, exhausting, hormone-fueled period (which includes the pregnancy, birth, hospital stay, and the beginning of our time at home together. The books might not be clear about it, but this is a challenging period. More on that later; maybe.)

Our bambino is lucky to have him, as am I. Our son is calmed when he is held in his father's arms or placed to rest on his father's chest. He is soothed by his father's voice. I fall in love with my husband even more deeply when I watch him gaze at our son's wide open eyes, even late at night when they should theoretically be closed and his parents are exhausted.

To my husband - all day today and all year long!


Our two week old family


No comments:

Post a Comment